Welcome to master-degrees.org – A useful guide on choosing the right postgraduate Master’s degree, and information on Masters funding. A Database of Taught and Research Masters Courses like MSc, MA, MEd, MRes, MBA, MPhil, LLM etc.
What is a Master’s Degree?
There are a lot of graduate degrees being offered in many universities worldwide and one of them is a master’s degree. This degree is earned after you have completed a degree in your undergraduate studies (BS or BA). Typically, this degree has a requirement of 30 coursework credits and takes two years of study (full time). Aside from the coursework requirement, sometimes, master’s degrees entail the completion of comprehensive examinations or/and a thesis.
Master’s degrees are awarded in every field of studies and usually come as Masters of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), although some fields of studies have degrees which are discipline-specific such as art (MFA) and social work (MSW) for example. Prerequisites of master’s degree may vary widely. Below are some of the requirements that you must meet in order to earn a master’s degree.
Typical Prerequisites of Master’s Degree
- A bachelor’s degree is the primary requirement for a master’s degree
- Some master’s degree programs will require you to meet certified course prerequisites
- In healthcare related programs, you need to have determined amount of laboratory or clinical experience
- You should be a graduate of an agency accredited program
- Some areas like architecture and engineering programs will require you to have a degree related to any of the discipline
email us: info @ master-degrees.org or use our Contact form.